Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I Promise I'll Do Better

Lately I've been keeping an eye on the stats for this blog.  I noticed that my readership has increased notably over the last couple of months and I'm starting to get some steady traffic.  Of course it stands to reason that this would be happening when I'm extraordinarily bogged down with proposal writing, heavy amounts of lab time, and on top of it all, holiday season.

So to all of you - yes, all three of you - who have been checking in regularly, I apologize for neglecting to update recently.

How about a little update on what I've been so busy with?  Well, the main reason I've been mind-fryingly busy is that I'm working on getting an SBIR proposal submitted while simultaneously getting another one started.  These proposals are company-related and we're trying to get some funding to pursue proof-of-concept studies for one of Emergent Sensor Technologies' core projects.  My colleagues and I are beginning to realize that it may be foolish to depend on SBIR support to initially fund the company, so I'm also working on two proposals for contract-based research for large companies.  In other proposal-writing news, I've been working on getting two proposals that were not funded revised and resubmitted.  These proposals are university-related and are for projects that we are starting at Lincoln University.

Along with cranking out endless grant proposals, I've also been busy in the lab at Mizzou.  Things have started progressing quickly with the MU research team and I'm in the midst of gathering data at a semi-furious pace.  Toss the rapidly approaching holiday season into the mix, and you can get a good idea of why this blog has taken a backseat to my other responsibilities.

Having said all that, I feel a bit despondent about my obvious delinquency.  I'll try to have another update (one with actual science-ish content) by the end of the week.  In the meantime, have a drink to celebrate the successful launch of Curiosity.  It's got a long journey ahead of it and I'm hoping for its safe arrival on the Red Planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment