Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's a Celebration!

A quick update on how things are going with the author: on Wednesday November 10th, I successfully defended my doctorate dissertation. Technically, I am not yet a doctor, as the Mizzou graduate school has not received my forms and dissertation, but I am hoping that all of the paperwork will be submitted within the next week or so. So what I'm getting at here is that if you feel like calling me Dr. Stringer, I would be comfortable with that.

So what's next, you ask? That's still a little up in the air. I was interviewed by a company that I really liked, but did not get the job. Instead, I will likely take a post-doc position and stay here in Columbia. It's all worked out pretty well considering I've grown to like Columbia quite a lot. In addition, the post-doc position will allow me to work on some unfinished research that I was just beginning as I was writing my dissertation.

For now, I'm going to have to leave it at that. I'll be updating soon with some information on some very cool, already-on-the-market biosensing systems that I discussed briefly during my defense. Until then, the doctor is on-call.

No comments:

Post a Comment