Friday, March 25, 2011

Beer? Liquor? I Say Both!

I'm taking a break today from the tedium of grant proposal writing, which I've been hard at all week. Instead of writing, I visited the MU campus to talk with my former advisor. And I've spent the rest of the day thus far drinking coffee, reading, and listening to community radio. It's a welcome break, though I find myself dwelling on the work I have ahead of me - as soon as I finish the rough draft of the proposal that I'm currently working on, I'll have to immediately start working on another. I also can't help thinking that it may have been a very bad idea to take a day off of writing, as it will set me back by a full day with a deadline looming ahead. But I'm trying to push these thoughts aside so that I can relax and enjoy my little hiatus.

Although I'd like to include in this post something science- or technology-related, I'm just not in the mood. I'm feeling more like rambling on about delicious cocktails or draft beers that I'd like to partake of this evening. For instance, I've been interested in trying a gin fizz, but I'm afraid it may be a bit too cold here in mid-Missouri for such a refreshing drink. I'm sure I'll think of something by time I reach the pub.

Anyways, I'm thinking my next post will focus on the process of electrospinning, as I've had colleagues in the past whose research involved electrospinning of polymers and organosilicates. In the meantime, I'll keep weighing my options on adult beverages. I recommend you do the same. It's Friday, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment