Monday, July 18, 2011

I Think I Need My Own Personal Intern

Holy cow. I knew that the end of the summer was going to be busy, what with a number of SBIR solicitations being released all at around the same time. But now I'm also having to focus on an academic research proposal, revising a manuscript that was just accepted-pending-revisions, and helping to draft a proposal for a Homeland Security funding opportunity.

I've put doing any actual research in the lab on hold for right now. This makes things a little less overwhelming, since I'm able to spend my days in the office cranking out pages. It feels a lot better when I'm able to easily see how productive I've been when I finally close my computer's lid, shut off the lights, and head home for the day.

But all-in-all things are still pretty crazy. Maybe that's why I found this so soothing when I ran across it this morning (the link will only be available until Aug 7). All the slow, fluid motion. All the rhythmic circling. All the...blue. When the video loaded on my screen, all I could do was settle back in my chair, sip my coffee, and daydream that I was actually there in the exhibit with all the beautiful and wondrous creatures.

And now back to the real world. I'm going to try to keep updates coming in the same, semi-erratic pace that I've been keeping lately. We'll see how that goes. When taking a break from staring at a screen and typing on the keyboard, one of the last things I want to do with that time is to stare at that same screen, typing on that same keyboard. Just don't hate me if posting is even more erratic than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment