Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Learning Curve

Whoa...Blogger has made some changes to their interface, so hopefully my confusion won't result in any illegible posts.  I must say, though, that they've simplified things nicely.  Perhaps too simple, as it's been difficult for me to figure out how to do tasks that used to be almost second nature. 

For example, the old interface had a navigation bar at the top of the page, with one of the nav buttons displaying the word 'STATS.'  When clicked, you were taken to a page in which you could view various statistics and information on your readership (number of blog and individual post views, redirect URLs, etc.).  To get to that same stats page with the new interface is a little less intuitive.  There is a button near the top of the page with an icon that resembles a piece of paper with text on it.  Next to that is an upside down triangle.  When you click on the upside down triangle, a drop-down box opens that contains a list of link options.  One of the options is 'Stats,' and when you click on it, you are directed to the statistics page that I described previously.

Don't get me wrong, the interface is very sleek and I think I'll come to prefer it to the old one.  It's just going to take some getting used to.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment