Wednesday, August 31, 2011

For Your Viewing Pleasure

As I've said before, and will probably say again, I've always been fascinated by the workings of our universe and the magnificence of space. I try to make it over to NASA's website to check out their Image of the Day Gallery once in a while, and I'm always amazed at how awesome the featured pictures are.

Today, I ran across this article at Wired Science. A Rice University researcher took 14 years of images of high-energy jets released from forming stars from the Hubble Space Telescope and pieced them together into a series of seamless animations. The result? I would call it staggering, eerie, beautiful. But you're welcome to come up with your own adjectives.

The video below includes a small selection of the animations. The rest can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment